-- Interior walls are up!! --
On Monday and Tuesday, 3 and 4 March, the framing crew put up
the interior walls and now the house is starting to look like a house.
Here are photos of the interior -- you'll need to use your imagination in a few
The center of the house is a great room measuring 40 feet long by 28 feet
wide. This photo is taken standing with my back to the front wall looking
toward the rear of the house.
- The big opening on the left is the 6-foot
wide French door that goes onto the back porch.
- The window to the right of
the French door is a 4-foot X 4-foot casement window that will be in front of
the kitchen sink. The dishwasher will be to the left of the sink.
- The main part of the kitchen will run along the wall
where you see a black tool belt lying on the sub-floor -- along that wall will
be a gas cooktop, refrigerator, and cabinets.
This is looking at the same kitchen corner as in the above photo. On
the other side of the kitchen wall is a bedroom that is in the right rear corner of
the house with a door that opens onto the back porch.
This photo is taken looking at the opposite wall from the two photos above.
- The window opening on the right edge is another casement window that will be
beside the French door.
- In the corner ( where the green piece of Zipwall
is standing ) will be a double electric oven with counter running to the right,
beneath the window.
- Look at the tools piled up on the sub-floor -- these
tools are lying inside a door opening -- this is a 3-foot wide pocket door that
opens into a large pantry.
- To the left of the pantry is a hallway
going toward the master bedroom. To the left of the hallway is the laundry